top of page


  • Safety: Canada has been ranked among the top 3 safest countries as per Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection report 2023

  • High Quality Education: According to the QS World Universities Ranking 2023, three Canadian universities have been recognized among the top 50 globally. The educational standards in Canada are on par with those in notable countries like the USA, UK, and Australia.


  • Skill Based Education: The purpose of Education is to prepare the student for life. Most of the Canadian universities offer Co-op work opportunities which allows the students to work in the relevant sector of their study, gain Canadian work experience, thereby providing a competitive edge while applying for work permit after completion of studies. 

  • Earn as you Learn: Apart from Co-op work scheme, students are eligible to work for 20 hours a week.

  • Affordability: Depending on the program you choose and the university or college you select, the average fee ranges between 13,000 CAD- 40,000 CAD. What sets Canada apart is the affordability of living expenses for students, which is notably lower compared to the USA, UK, and similar nations.

You can apply for a study visa through the following pathways:


The program is designed to make the process of applying for a Canadian study permit faster and more efficient for some international students.

The Student Direct Stream or SDS caters to 14 countries:  Antigua and Barbuda, Brazil, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, India, Morocco, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Senegal, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, and Vietnam


The applicant must:

  • be a resident of any of the above 14 countries

  • have a provincial attestation letter from the province or territory where they plan to study

  • have an acceptance letter from a post-secondary designated learning institution

  • live outside of Canada at the time of application

  • Have receipts of payment of tuition for the first year of study

  • Have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) as required by the intended province or territory of study

  • Get a medical exam before you apply

  • Get a police certificate before you apply

  • Have your most recent secondary or post-secondary school transcript(s)

  • Have the minimum score required for one of the qualifying language tests

An application that is approved will be issued a letter of introduction, or what is officially known as a Point of Entry letter of introduction, and a temporary resident visa to enter Canada.

The letter of introduction, or Port of Entry (POE) letter, is issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) as proof of approval for a study permit and is presented to a visa officer upon arrival in Canada.

In case your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children intend to join you, they may also be able to get faster processing of their visa application provided their applications are submitted at the same time as your own


Step-by-Step guide into applying as an International Student:

Choosing the Institution:

The first step towards choosing an institution is to ascertain its status as a Designated Learning Institution. Only DLIs can admit foreign students.

Once you have shortlisted the institutions of your choice, choose a major course you wish to pursue. Though you can switch the courses later, it is advisable that you keep your options handy.


If you wish to continue your studies, you need to apply for an extension of your study visa at least 30 days before it expires. Also ensure you have a valid passport. If your passport expires, the study visa cannot be extended. 


Should you submit your application before the expiration of your permit, you can maintain your studies under the existing conditions of your current study permit until a decision is reached. This provision is applicable only for the duration of your stay in Canada.


If you wish to pursue further studies in Canada after your study permit has lapsed, you must:

  • Submit an application for a new study permit.

  • Restore your status as a temporary resident in Canada.

Should you apply after the expiration of your permit, you can remain in Canada; however, you may not resume your studies until your status is reinstated, and you obtain your new study permit.

If your institution is no longer on the designated learning institution there, there are two options:

  1. Continue studying until your current permit expires, or

  2. Transfer to another Designated Learning Institution (DLI).

To extend your study permit, you must enroll at a school with DLI status.

If you plan to leave Canada either before or after applying for a study permit extension, re-entry is only permitted if:

  • You possess a valid study permit or a letter of introduction confirming your study permit approval.

  • You have a valid travel document.

In the event of deferred enrollment and subsequent de-designation of the DLI that issued your letter of acceptance, you are ineligible to commence studies at that institution.

For individuals in Canada with a valid study permit:

  • Apply to and be accepted at a new DLI.

  • Update your learning institution information in MyAccount.

If your study permit has been approved but not yet issued:

  • You will receive a request to provide a new letter of acceptance from a different DLI.

  • Update your learning institution information in MyAccount (if your study permit is approved).


Certain study programs integrate work experience into their curriculum. To be eligible for a co-op or intern work permit, you must satisfy the following criteria:

  • Possess a valid study permit.

  • Mandatory participation in work is necessary to fulfill your study program requirements in Canada.

  • Obtain a letter from your school verifying that all students in your program must undertake work placements to obtain their degree.

  • The duration of your co-op placement or internship must not exceed 50% of your study program.

If you are enrolled in any of the following programs, you do not qualify for a co-op work permit:

  • English or French as a second language (ESL/FSL) courses,

  • General interest courses, or

  • Courses designed to prepare for another study program.

If you do not meet the eligibility criteria for a co-op work permit but wish to work in Canada, you must apply for a regular work permit.


If any of the following situations apply to you, you will lose your student status in Canada:

  • Your study permit expired before you applied for a new one.

  • You made changes to the conditions on your study permit, such as:

  • Changing your designated learning institution (DLI)

  • Altering the type or location of your study

  • Adjusting the duration of your study

  • You failed to adhere to the conditions of your study permit.

Once you lose your status, you cannot continue studying in Canada until your student status is restored.

To restore your status as a student:

  • Ensure you still meet the requirements of your stay and adhere to the conditions of your study permit, despite its expiration.

  • Apply for a new study permit.

  • Apply to restore your temporary resident status in Canada.

  • Pay the required fees.

Utilize the document checklist and guide for extending your stay as a student. You can remain in Canada while we process your application, but approval is not guaranteed.

If your temporary resident status is successfully restored:

  • You will receive a study permit outlining the conditions of your stay in Canada.

  • Your temporary resident status in Canada will be extended until a specified date.

bottom of page