top of page


The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW) is Canada’s immigration program for workers. It allows Canada to welcome tens of thousands of newcomers every year based on their ability to become established in Canada’s workforce. Professionals and skilled workers around the world interested in immigrating to Canada permanently can apply through the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Candidates can add their spouse/partner and dependent children to the application.

  • Do I need a permit to study in Canada?
    Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada. Some people in specific situations may not. You should apply for a study permit before coming to Canada. Only some people can apply for a study permit from within Canada. Before you apply, you must have a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution in Canada.
  • Study Permit eligibility requirements
    You can come to Canada to study if you qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller If you’re under 18, you don’t have to be fully vaccinated. You do need to study at a designated learning institution (DLI) with an approved COVID-19 readiness plan. are enrolled at a DLI prove you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada have no criminal record and get a police certificate (if required) are in good health and get a medical exam (if required) and prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your study permit expires
  • Who can apply under Student Direct Stream?
    You must be a legal resident living in one (1) of the following countries: Antigua and Barbuda Brazil China Colombia Costa Rica India Morocco Pakistan Peru Philippines Senegal Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Trinidad and Tobago Vietnam have an acceptance letter from a post-secondary designated learning institution live outside of Canada at the time of application have proof you have paid your tuition for your first year of study have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAN$10,000 have a Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration This is only if you’re planning to study in Quebec get a medical exam before you apply get a police certificate before you apply (if applicable in your situation) have your most recent secondary or post-secondary school transcript(s) have a language test result that shows either: an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) academic or general training score of 6.0 or higher in each skill (reading, writing, speaking and listening), or a Test d’évaluation de français (TEF) score that is equal to a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of at least 7 in each skill (reading, writing, speaking and listening) Depending on your situation, you may also need to provide other documents.
  • I am an international student in Canada. How can I apply to become a permanent resident?
    There are several permanent resident categories that you may fit into, including the Canadian Experience Class, the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and the Provincial Nominee Program. Some of those categories require eligible Canadian work experience. If you want to work in Canada after you graduate from your studies, you must apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program.
  • How can I extend my stay as a student?
    The expiry date on your study permit tells you when you have to stop studying and leave Canada. If you want to study in Canada longer, you need to extend your study permit. It is recommended to apply at least 30 days before your current study permit expires. Make sure your passport doesn’t expire at the same time. Your study permit cannot be extended beyond your passport’s expiry date.

Call us today at 1-844-727-8326 for an assessment to see if you are eligible to come to Canada, or complete our online assessment form.

bottom of page