Every year, Canada welcomes nearly 20 million people from different countries. You can visit Canada as a tourist, to see family and friends, or to do business. Whether you plan on visiting Canada for a few days or several months, you must meet some important immigration requirements.

There are so many reasons to visit Canada: with 20 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, it’s hard to think of a country more beautiful or more varied. From world-class ski resorts, to charming towns and cuisine that takes you on a journey

You can come to Canada as a tourist. During your stay, you’ll need enough money to support yourself and everyone included in your application. Most travellers need to apply for a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to, or transit through, a Canadian airport. Canada has a range of visas that allow you to come for a holiday or to visit friends and family, as well as some special visas that allow other activities like short-term study or business. Temporary resident visas can be good for one entry to Canada or for a period of time. Learn more about visitor visa options and how to extend your stay.

FAQ's - Visitor Visa

How long can I stay in Canada as a visitor?

Most visitors can stay for up to 6 months in Canada. If you’re allowed to enter Canada, the border services officer may allow you to stay for less or more than 6 months. - If so, they’ll put the date you need to leave by in your passport. They might also give you a document. - If you don’t get a stamp in your passport, you can stay for 6 months from the day you entered Canada or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.

Are you currently taking new cases?

Yes, we are taking new cases as usual. Asteco Immigration Consulting team is fully staffed and there are no delays in processing on our end. However, IRCC processing times are impacted nationally due to COVID-19, as a result of which processing of your application may be longer than usual. Thus, we strongly recommend to get started at earliest to avoid any further delays.

If I retain your services, will I have an access to my file through IRCC Accoount after submission?

In case of representation, you will have no access to your application from IRCC Portal. All applications are submitted through IRCC Authorized Representative Portal rather than regular client portal. However, we update our clients on all IRCC notifications within 1 business day. Exceptions may apply in rare cases when prior documentation review is required by our team. Usually, that takes no longer than 2 business days.

Do you guarantee approval? What if my application gets refused?

No one can guarantee approval of your application, as final decision fully depends on immigration officer. Kindly avoid all kind of ghost consultants as well as unethical representatives who “guarantee results” or provide “success rates” to grab your attention. Here at Asteco Immigration Consulting, we put all our efforts in maximizing your chances of success. Reputation of our immigration company is extremely important to us, as you can see from our client reviews. If your application gets refused, we will consider resubmitting it free of charge (if it is required). This does not include government application fees, as well as cases where false/misleading/incomplete information or document was provided by client.

Are government application fee included in your prices?

Our prices include professional fees only. GST/HST may be applicable on top of that. Government fees and disbursements (translation services, medical insurance premiums, medical examination fees, language exam fees, international student admission fees, etc.) are paid directly to government or third parties. To check IRCC’s processing fees, please refer to their website

How can I extend my stay as a visitor?

If you want to extend your stay in Canada, you should apply at least 30 days before your status expires.

Who’s eligible for a parent and grandparent super visa?

To be eligible for a super visa, you must: - be the parents or grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents and - meet other eligibility requirements. To find our more about other eligibility requirements, contact our office and we will be happy to assist you.