Canada welcomes thousands of skilled workers every year in all types of occupations. There are many access points for skilled workers, who wish to come to Canada and stay permanently. It is possible to apply directly from overseas if you have the skills that are in demand, or alternatively, you may arrive as a Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) or as a Student that gains his/her work experience after graduation. No matter how you do it, it is important to have the proper direction and advice at every step so that you can proceed in an informed and efficient manner. Asteco Immigration Consulting is here to guide you on how to leverage the programs to find the quickest and most cost-effective way to enter Canada so you can achieve your immigration goals. Explore many of the possibilities and contact Asteco Immigration Consulting today so that we can help put together your immigration plan today!

Language test equivalency CLB charts (IELTS, CELPIP, TEF, TCF)


All immigration programs managed under the Express Entry system have different eligibility criteria. The programs are Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades Program and Canadian Experience Class.  Thus ability to qualify under one of these categories is the first requirement under Express Entry.

The Express Entry involves two steps: 1. Complete an online Express Entry profile,  be placed in the pool of candidates and 2. Receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence from IRCC. Candidates in the pool are raked using a point-based system. (CSR).


Federal Worker Skilled Class utilizes a point system to determine the applicant’s ability to become economically established in Canada. Applicants need at least 67 points to be eligible to apply. Skilled workers are chosen as permanent residents based on their education, work experience, English/French language skills, and other factors. As of January 1, 2015, foreign nationals will be selected through Express Entry System and must receive an invitation before they may apply.


One of the objectives of the Canadian government is to see that families are reunited in Canada. Along with spousal sponsorship, grandparents and parents sponsorship is the second highly demanded immigration stream under family class immigration.


The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is a permanent resident category for individuals who had already established themselves as skilled workers in Canada. CEC  program opens the door to Canada for foreign students and foreign workers. For many international graduates, the Canadian Experience Class may be the fastest option for achieving Canadian permanent residence.

If you are currently working in Canada and you have applied for permanent residence under CEC class, you may be eligible for a bridging open work permit if your work permit will expire in four months or less.


Although the federal government is in charge of Immigration for Canada (with certain exceptions in relation to Quebec) the government allows the provinces the ability to “nominate” people they wish to come to settle in their province. These programs are called PNP or “Provincial Nominee Programs”. There are different streams in these programs with most provinces having a Skilled Worker stream where they allow workers to apply to immigrate to Canada for occupations that have labour shortages or are in demand.


The spousal sponsorship program is the most demanded stream under family class immigration. The spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner looking to immigrate to Canada under the spousal sponsorship category must be sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.