top of page


Canada has different work permit programs under which a foreign national can apply.

  • Temporary Foreign Worker Program

    • Employers must obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to hire foreign nationals to fill temporary labour and skill shortages. The LMIA verifies that there is a need for a temporary worker and that no Canadians or permanent residents are available to do the job.

  • International Mobility Program (IMP)

    • The IMP lets employers hire temporary workers without an LMIA. Exemptions from the LMIA process are based on both of the following:

      • the broader economic, cultural or other competitive advantages for Canada

      • the reciprocal benefits enjoyed by Canadians and permanent residents

You can bring your family with you to Canada

Your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children may be able to work, study or live with you while you work in Canada.


Call us today at 1-844-727-8326 for an assessment to see if you are eligible to come to Canada, or complete our online assessment form.

bottom of page